Join us for a unique 3-week language and culture programme in magnificent New Zealand. Stepping outside the four walls of the classroom, this Study Tour will give you a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in New Zealand’s culture and the local community of English speakers.
- Enrich your knowledge of New Zealand through a series of short talks and discussions by speakers from Massey University and the University of Auckland.
- Travel throughout the North and South Islands to experience the natural wonders of New Zealand and the history and customs of its people.
- Meet locals in New Zealand’s key agricultural and cultural industries, such as wine makers, farmers and those working at Maori cultural sites.
- Immerse yourself in English through a series of language tasks, culminating with an interactive language/culture project.
If you crave adventure and want to hone your English skills in an authentic environment while learning about a new culture, then come to New Zealand!
Date : 31 May to 19 June 2019
Programme Fee (HKD) [After subsidy] : $19,500
Programme fee covers:
- International return flight from Hong Kong to New Zealand
- Domestic return flight to Queenstown
- DIY breakfasts and lunches packed by students (2/3 of total meals) + 2 dinners
- Local transport for group activities
- Interesting talks and discussions
- Unforgettable activities, excursions and tours e.g. Hobbiton Movie Set, Glowworm caves, Maori cultural village, Fiordland tour
Programme fee does not include:
- Tourist Visa (tourist visa waiver for HKSAR passport holders
- Dinners (students may prepare their dinners in shared kitchens)
- Activities and transport during students’ free time
For tentative itinerary, please click here.
Programme Registration : https://cloud.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/webform/view.php?id=6938790
Interview: 18 March (Mon), 9am - 2pm
(Please indicate UNAVAILABLE time slot on the application form if any)
Deadline: 13 March 2019
Enquiries: Michelle Li (firstname.lastname@example.org / 3943 3933)
Carly Lau (email@example.com/ 3943 3988)
Extra Financial Support:
1. Students who have financial need can apply for extra financial support from the College Exchange and Travel Grant/Loan:
2. Students receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office of the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, or from a family that is receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance from the Social Welfare Department can apply for subsidy under the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) / Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange to Belt & Road Regions for Post-secondary Students (SSEBR). Office of Academic Links will invite students via email to submit an application for SSE/SSEBR. For details, please refer to here. (Enquiries : Ms. Elaine Poon at 3943 7588)
1. All students must depart and return together with the arranged flight schedule.
2. The College reserves the right to make changes in fees, schedules, and courses without notice, and to cancel courses if enrollment if insufficient.